Free Conversion Calculators in Your Web Browser
Convert Micrometers to:
Micrometers to Angstroms
- 1 Ångström is equal to 0.1 nanometers. Expressed in the SI base unit meters 1 Ångström is equal to 1 x 10-10 meters. 1 Å = 0.0000000001 m.
Micrometers to Arpents
- 1 Arpent (as a length) contains 180 feet (French measure) and 1 Foot (French measure) = 12.789 inches according to Canadian Weights and Measures Act (R.S.C., 1985, c. W-6). 1 Arpent = 180 ft (French measure) = 58.471308 meters.
Micrometers to Cable Lengths (Imperial)
- One-tenth of a nautical mile, about 101 fathoms or 608 feet. Named for the length of an anchor cable. Various definitions exist. One Cable Length (Imperial) is 608 feet or 185.3184 meters. 1 Cable Length (Imperial) = 185.3184 m (SI base unit).
Micrometers to Cable Lengths (International)
- One-tenth of a nautical mile, a length of 185.2 meters. From sailing ship anchor cable. Various definitions exist. One Cable Length (International) is 185.2 meters or approximately 607.61 feet. 1 Cable Length (International) = 185.2 m (SI base unit).
Micrometers to Cable Lengths (U.S.)
- In the U.S. customary system a Cable Length is 720 feet. Various definitions exist. One Cable Length (U.S.) is 720 feet or 120 fathoms or 219.456 meters. 1 Cable Length (U.S.) = 219.456 m (SI base unit).
Micrometers to Centimeters
- 1/100th of a meter. The prefix centi indicates 1/100th of the base unit.
Micrometers to Chains
- A survey Chain from Edmund Gunter's system having 100 metal links and being 66 feet, or 4 rods, in length. Used in land surveying. One chain (Gunter's Surveyor's)is 4 rods, 22 yards, or 66 feet. 1 ch (Gunter's Surveyor's) = 20.1168 m (SI base unit).
Micrometers to Cubits
- Distance from fingers to elbow, estimated at 18 inches for a Biblical cubit, other cubits may vary. 1 Cubit = 45.72 centimeters = 0.4572 meters.
Micrometers to Decimeters
- 1 Decimeter is equal to exactly 0.1 meters (10 centimeters).
Micrometers to Ells
- An Ell is usually 45 inches. From the length of a bent arm from the elbow to the tip of extended fingers. One Ell is 45 inches, or 1.143 meters. 1 Ell = 1.143 m (SI base unit).
Micrometers to Fathoms
- Unit of length measuring exactly 6 feet or 2 yards (international foot of 0.3048 meters). Primarily used to measure water depths. In SI units 1 fathom is exactly 1.8288 meters. 1 fm = 1.8288 m.
Micrometers to Feet
- International survey foot defined as exactly 0.3048 meters by convention in 1959. This is the most common modern foot measure. US Survey may also be used but are nearly identical for short distances. 1 ft = 0.3048 m.
Micrometers to Feet (French measure)
- 1 Foot (French measure or Paris foot) = 12.789 inches according to Canadian Weights and Measures Act (R.S.C., 1985, c. W-6). Assuming 25.4 millimeters per inch as per international agreement. 1 ft (French measure) = 0.3248406 m.
Micrometers to Feet (U.S. Survey)
- Exactly 1200/3937 meters by definition. In decimal terms approximately 0.304 800 609 601 219 meters. Variation from the common international foot of exactly 0.3048 meters may only be considerable over large survey distances. 1 ft (US survey) = 1200/3937 m
Micrometers to Fingers
- 1 finger is exactly 7/8 inches. Using SI units 1 finger is 0.022225 meters.
Micrometers to Fingers (cloth)
- 1 finger (cloth) is exactly 4 1/2 inches. Using SI units 1 finger (cloth) is 0.1143 meters.
Micrometers to French
- 1 french is exactly 1/3 millimeters. In SI units 1 french is 3.333... x 10-4 meters.
Micrometers to Furlongs
- Furlong is a measure of distance of 660 feet; also equivalent to 220 yards, 10 chains, and one-eighth of a mile. Originating from the length of one furrow plowed along the longest side of an acre, measuring 660 feet. 1 furlong = 201.168 meters.
Micrometers to Gigameters
- 1 Gigameter is equal to 1 000 000 000 meters (SI unit).
Micrometers to Hands
- Approximates the breadth of an adult human hand. Standardized to exactly 4 inches. Used to measure the height of horses. 1 hand is exactly 101.6 millimeters or 0.1016 meters (SI base unit). 1 h = 0.1016 m.
Micrometers to Hectometers
- Length of 100 meters, the metric prefix hecto meaning 100. Approximately 109.361 yards or about 328.084 feet. 1 Hectometer = 100 meters. 1 ha = 100 m.
Micrometers to Inches
- An inch is 1/36 of a yard or 1/12 of a foot. Possibly derived from the width of a human thumb. One Inch is exactly 2.54 centimeters. 1 in = 0.0254 m (SI base unit).
Micrometers to Kilofeet
- 1 Kilofoot is equal to 1000 feet. There are 304.8 meters (SI base unit) in a kilofoot using the standard international foot of exactly 0.3048 meters. 1 kft = 304.8 meters.
Micrometers to Kilometers
- 1 Kilometer is equal to 1000 meters. Meters is the SI base unit of length. The prefix kilo, abbreviated "k", indicates one thousand. 1 km = 1000 m.
Micrometers to Leagues
- 4 000 meters. A general or metric league of 4 kilometers. Leagues based on the mile are typically smaller at 3 miles, however there are many variations. Used by Jules Verne in 20 000 Leagues Under the Sea. 1 League (metric) = 4 000 meters (SI unit).
Micrometers to Leagues (land)
- 1 league (land) is exactly 3 US Statute miles. In SI units 1 league is 4828.032 meters.
Micrometers to Light Days
- 1 Light day is 2.590 206 837 12 x 1013 meters (SI unit). Distance light travels in a vacuum in one day.
Micrometers to Light Hours
- 1 Light hour is 1.079 252 8488 x 1012 meters (SI unit). Distance light travels in a vacuum in one hour.
Micrometers to Light Minutes
- 1 Light minute is 1.798 754 748 x 1010 meters (SI unit). Distance light travels in a vacuum in one minute.
Micrometers to Light Seconds
- 1 Light second is equal to 299 792 458 meters (SI unit). Distance light travels in a vacuum in one second.
Micrometers to Light Years
- 1 Light year is 9.460 730 472 5808 x 1015 meters (SI unit). Distance light can travel in a vacuum over a period of 365.25 days.
Micrometers to Line
- 1 lines is exactly 1/12 inches. In SI units 1 line is 0.00211666... meters.
Micrometers to Links (Gunter's Surveyor's)
- One hundredth (1/100) of a chain (Gunter's, Surveyor's). A chain having 66 ft or 4 rods. A link being approximately 0.201168 meters (SI base unit). 1 lnk ≈ 0.201168 m.
Micrometers to Marathons
- According to International Association of Athletics Federations rule 240 the standard distance of a marathon is 42.195 Kilometers (km). Exactly 42,195 meters (m) (SI unit).
Micrometers to Megameters
- 1 Megameter is equal to 1 000 000 meters (SI unit).
Micrometers to Meters
- Distance light travels in 1/299 792 458 of a second in vacuum.
Micrometers to Metric Feet
- 1 Metric foot is exactly 30 centimeters. The nearest approximation to an international foot made with a whole number of centimeters. About 11.8 inches. 1 Metric foot = 0.3 meters.
Micrometers to Metric Inches
- 1 Metric inch is exactly one-twelfth (1/12) of a metric foot = 2.5 centimeters = 25 millimeters = 0.025 meters (SI base unit). 1 Metric inch = 0.025 m.
Micrometers to Metric Miles
- 1609.344 Meters (SI base unit). An approximation of a statute mile in a round figure of meters. 1 Metric mile = 1609.344 m.
Micrometers to Mickeys
- 1 mickey is exactly 1/200 inches. In SI units 1 mickey is 1.27 x 10-4 meters.
Micrometers to Microinches
- 1 Microinch is one millionth of an inch. It is equivalent to 0.0254 micrometers. It is 0.0000000254 meters (SI base unit). 1µin = 0.0000000254 m.
Micrometers to Microns
- 1 micro is exactly 1 x 10-6 meters. Meters are SI units.
Micrometers to Mil
- 1 mil is exactly 1 x 10-3 inches. In SI units 1 mil is 2.54 x 10-5 meters.
Micrometers to Miles
- 1 Mile is exactly 1.609344 kilometres by international agreement in 1959. In SI units it is exactly 1609.344 meters. The length is based originally on the distance marched in 1000 paces of two steps each. 1mi = 1.609344 km = 80 chains = 5280 ft = 1760 yd.
Micrometers to Millimeters
- 1/1000th of a meter. The prefix milli indicates 1/1000th of the base unit.
Micrometers to Myriameters
- 1 Myriameter is equal to 10 kilometers. In the SI base unit meters one myriameter is equal to ten thousand meters. Historically used in distance marking, especially on train routes. 1 Myriameter = 10000 meters.
Micrometers to Nails (cloth)
- 1 nail (cloth) is exactly 2 1/4 inches. In SI units 1 nail (cloth) is 0.05715 meters.
Micrometers to Nautical Leagues
- 1 nautical league is exactly 3 nautical miles. In SI units 1 nautical league is 5556 meters.
Micrometers to Nautical Miles (Admiralty)
- An Admiralty Nautical Mile is 6080 feet. A rounded approximation of an arcminute previously used in the United Kingdom. One Nautical Mile (Admiralty) = 6080 feet ≈ 1.152 statute miles. 1 NM (Adm) = 1853.184 m.
Micrometers to Nautical Miles (International)
- An International Nautical Mile is defined as 1852 meters. An approximation of an arcminute simplified to 1852 meters in 1929. Approximately 6076.12 feet or 1.151 statute miles. 1 NM = 1852 m.
Micrometers to Paces
- A pace is the approximation of a walking step. In the United States a length of 30 inches or 2 1/2 feet is used. In metric units a pace (US) is 76.2 centimeters or 0.762 meters. 1 pace = 0.762 m.
Micrometers to Palms
- 1 palm is exactly 3 inches. In SI units 1 palm is 0.0762 meters.
Micrometers to Parsecs
- 1 Parsec is approximately 3.085 677 82 x 1016 ±6 x 106 meters (SI unit). Approximately 3.26 light years. Distance from the Sun to an astronomical object with a parallax angle of one arcsecond.
Micrometers to Perch
- 1 Perch (as a length) contains 18 feet (French measure) and 1 Foot (French measure) = 12.789 inches according to Canadian Weights and Measures Act (R.S.C., 1985, c. W-6). 1 Perch = 5.8471308 meters.
Micrometers to Picas
- 1 pica is exactly 12 points. In SI units the size of a pica depends on how large a point is. A PostScript point is 1/72 inches, so 1 PostScript pica would be about 0.0042333 meters.
Micrometers to Picometers
- A picometer is a trillionth of a meter. Often represented as 1 x 10-12 meters or fully as 0.000,000,000,001 meters.
Micrometers to Points (PostScript)
- 1 point (PostScript) is exactly 1/72 inches. In SI units 1 point (PostScript) is 0.000352777... meters.
Micrometers to Quarters
- 1 quarter is exactly 1/4 of a yard. In SI units 1 quarter is 0.2286 meters.
Micrometers to Rods
- A rod is 16 1/2 feet. Rod is a surveyors tool that is a quarter of a chain, making an acre 40 by 4 rods. One rod is 16.5 feet or 5.0292 meters (SI base unit). 1 rd = 5.0292 m.
Micrometers to Ropes
- Rope is former English unit measuring 20 feet in length. Other variations exist. In SI Units a rope of 20 feet is 6.096 meters. 1 rope = 6.096 m.
Micrometers to Shaku
- Shaku was standardized to exactly 10/33 meters (SI base unit). Originally based on the length of the forearm this unit may also be referred to as a Japanese foot. 1 Shaku ≈ 11.93 in ≈ 0.9942 ft ≈ 0.30303 m.
Micrometers to Smoots
- A Smoot is a non-standard unit of measure based on a 1958 MIT prank. In SI units 1 Smoot is equal to 1.70180 meters, the length of Oliver R. Smoot in 1958 when he lay repeatedly end to end to measure the length of the Harvard bridge.
Micrometers to Spans
- 1 span is exactly 9 inches. In SI units 1 span is 0.2286 meters. A span is the same size as a quarter (1/4 yard).
Micrometers to Steps
- The distance covered by a single step assuming a stride length of 0.762 meters or 2.5 feet. Although stride length will vary by person and activity this may be useful in estimating distance traveled from the reading on a pedometer.
Micrometers to Terameters
- 1 Terameter is equal to 1 000 000 000 000 meters (SI unit).
Micrometers to Twips
- 1 Twip is exactly one twentieth (1/20) of a PostScript point. A PostScript point itself being 1/72 of an inch, making a twip 1/1440 inch. 1 Twip is approximately 1.763889 x 10-5 meters (SI base unit). 1 twp ≈ 0.000017638888888889 m.
Micrometers to Yards
- Imperial/US length of 3 feet or 36 inches. In 1959 defined in terms of metric units as exactly 0.9144 meters. 1 international yard is exactly 0.9144 meters (SI base unit of length). 1 yd = 0.9144 m.