Free Conversion Calculators in Your Web Browser
Convert Shakes to:
Shakes to Callippic Cycles
- 1 Callippic cycles is exactly equal to 441 hollow months (29 days) plus 499 full months (30 days). This is 76 Julian years (365.25 days per Julian year).
Shakes to Centiseconds
- A centisecond is exactly 0.01 seconds. One hundredth of a second.
Shakes to Days
- 1 day is 24 hours. The amount of time required for one full rotation of the Earth from the perspective of the Sun. More specifically this unit is known as a solar day. 1 Solar day = 86 400 seconds (SI base unit). 1 d = 86400 s.
Shakes to Days (sidereal)
- The amount of time needed for the earth to rotate once around its axis as viewed from a distance star. Approximately 23 hours, 56 minutes, and 4.1 seconds. 86,164.1 seconds. See Days for 24 hour solar day.
Shakes to Decaseconds
- A decasecond is exactly 10 seconds. 1 das = 10 s. Ten seconds.
Shakes to Deciseconds
- A decisecond is exactly 0.1 seconds. One tenth of a second.
Shakes to Femtoseconds
- A femtosecond is exactly 1 x 10-15 seconds. A quadrillionth of a second.
Shakes to Gigaseconds
- A gigasecond is exactly 1,000,000,000 seconds. A billion seconds.
Shakes to Hectoseconds
- A decasecond is exactly 100 seconds. 1 hs = 100 s. One hundred seconds.
Shakes to Heleks
- 1 Helek is equal to 1/1080 hours.
Shakes to Hipparchic Cycles
- 1 Happarchic cycles is one day less than 4 Callippic cycles. 304 Julian years (365.25 days) minutes 1 day.
Shakes to Hours
- 60 Minutes. In SI units 3600 seconds.
Shakes to Ke
- 1 ke is 1/4 of an hour. 900 seconds.
Shakes to Kiloseconds
- A kilosecond is exactly 1,000 seconds. A thousand seconds.
Shakes to Lustres
- 1 Lustre is equal to 5 years of 365 days each.
Shakes to Megaseconds
- A megasecond is exactly 1,000,000 seconds. A million seconds.
Shakes to Metonic Cycles
- 1 Metonic cycle is equal to 110 hollow months (29 days) plus 125 full months (30 days). The equates to 6940 days or approximately 19 years.
Shakes to Microfortnights
- 1 Microfortnight is equal to 14 / 1000000 days or 1.2096 seconds. It is intended to be used only for humour or obfuscation. 1 µfn = 1.2096 s.
Shakes to Microseconds
- A microsecond is exactly 1 x 10-6 seconds. 1 µs = 0.000,001 s. One millionth of a second.
Shakes to Millennia
- 1 Millennium is equal to 1,000 years. In this calculation Julian years are being used (365.25 days).
Shakes to Millidays
- 1/1000 Days. In SI units 86.4 seconds.
Shakes to Millifortnights
- 1 Millifortnight is equal to 14 / 1000 days or 1209.6 seconds. It is intended to be used only for humour or obfuscation. 1 mfn = 1209.6 s.
Shakes to Milliseconds
- A millisecond is exactly 1 x 10-3 seconds. 1 ms = 0.001 s.
Shakes to Months
- 30 Days, for the purposes of calculation.
Shakes to Nanofortnights
- 1 Nanofortnight is equal to 14 / 1000000000 days or 0.0012096 seconds. It is intended to be used only for humour or obfuscation. 1 nfn = 0.0012096 s.
Shakes to Nanoseconds
- A nanosecond is exactly 1 x 10-9 seconds. 1 ns = 0.000,000,001 s.
Shakes to Picoseconds
- A picosecond is exactly 1 x 10-12 seconds. 1 ps = 0.000,000,000,001 s.
Shakes to Seconds
- time of 9 192 631 770 periods of the radiation corresponding to the transition between the 2 hyperfine levels of the ground state of the caesium 133 atom at 0 K (but other seconds are sometimes used in astronomy)
Shakes to Sigmas
- 1 Sigma is equal to 1 microsecond.
Shakes to Sols
- 1 Sol is a martian solar day, one full rotation of Mars from the perspective of the Sun. Approximately 88775.24409 seconds or 24 hours, 39 minutes, 35.24409 seconds; slightly variable due to orbital eccentricity. 1 sol = 88775.24409 s.
Shakes to Sothic Cycles
- 1 Sothic cycle is equal to 1461 years of 365 days. Also 1460 Julian years (365.25 days).
Shakes to Teraseconds
- A terasecond is exactly 1,000,000,000,000 seconds. A trillion seconds.
Shakes to Weeks
- 1 Week is equal to 7 days. In SI units 1 week is 604,800 seconds.
Shakes to Years
- 1 Year (Gregorian) contains 365.2425 days, in SI units it is equal to 31,556,952 seconds.
Shakes to Years (Julian)
- 1 Year (Julian) contains 365.25 days, in SI units it is equal to 31,557,600 seconds.
Shakes to Years (sidereal)
- 1 Year (sidereal) is exactly equal to the time taken for the Sun to return to the same position with respect to the star of the celestial sphere. In SI units the is approximately 31,446,925 seconds.
Shakes to Years (tropical)
- 1 Year (tropical) is the time taken for the Sun to return to the same position in the cycle of seasons. In Si units the is 31,556,925 seconds.