Free Conversion Calculators in Your Web Browser
Convert Candlepower to:
Candlepower to Candelas
- 1 Candela is the SI base unit of luminous intensity defined by a beam of light in specific direction with a frequency of 540x1012 hertz and a radiant intensity of 1/683 watt per steradian. Similar to the light emitted by one candle.
Candlepower to Candlepower (new)
- Candlepower (new) is equivalent to the candela (SI base unit). In 1948 the candlepower was changed to a new more easily reproducible standard from the old candlepower (0.981 new candlepower). Later, the name was changed to Candela to avoid confusion.
Candlepower to Carcels
- Intensity of the unit standard Carcel lamp light having a flame measuring 40 millimeters high and burning 42 grams of colza oil per hour. Approximately 9.74 candela (SI base unit). 1 Carcel ≈ 9.74 cd.
Candlepower to German Candles
- 1.162 - 1.223 Hefner Candles per Practical Treatise industrial electricity, 1889. 1 German candle is approximately 1.0971 candela (SI base unit) with a range of approximately 0.02806 candela, plus or minus. 1 German candle ≈ 1.0971 cd +/- 0.02806 cd.
Candlepower to Hefnerkerze
- Light of the unit standard Hefner lamp burning amyl acetate with a flame height of 40 mm and a wick diameter of 8 mm. 1 Hefnerkerze is approximately 0.92 candela (SI base unit) 1 HZ ≈ 0.92 cd.
Candlepower to Kilocandelas
- 1 kilocandela is exactly one thousand candelas. Candela being the SI base unit of luminous intensity. 1 kcd = 1000 cd.
Candlepower to Millicandelas
- 1 Millicandela is exactly one thousandth of a candela. Candela being the SI base unit of luminous intensity. 1 mcd = 0.001 cd.
Candlepower to Munich Candles
- Approximately 0.153 carcel per Practical Treatise industrial electricity, 1889. 1 Munich candle is approximately 1.49022 candela. 1 Munich candle ≈ 1.49022 cd.
Candlepower to Violle
- Light emitted by 1 cm2 of platinum at its melting point. 1 Voille is approximately 20.17 candela (SI base unit). 1 Voille ≈ 20.17 cd.