Click here to use the online Stones to Pounds Converter.
How much does a stone weigh? When someone talks about a stone in terms of weight they are referring to a unit of measure still commonly used used in the UK that is equal to 14 pounds.
- Use the conversion factor we already have: 1 stone (of mass) is equal to 14 pounds.
- Apply the conversion factor by multiplying the mass given in stones (st) by 14, simple right?
See this example:
- Setup: Convert 13 stones to pounds
- Conversion factor: 14 (as in 14 pounts in one stone)
- Therefore: 13 x 14 = 182 pounds in 13 stone!