Free Conversion Calculators in Your Web Browser
Convert Sections to:
Sections to Acres (International)
- 10 sq ch = 4840 sq yd
Sections to Acres (U.S. Survey)
- 10 sq ch = 4840 sq yd
Sections to Ares
- 1 Are is equal to an area exactly 10m by 10m, or 100 m2.
Sections to Arpents
- 1 Arpent (as an area) is 32 400 square feet (French measure) and 1 Foot (French measure) = 12.789 inches according to Canadian Weights and Measures Act (R.S.C., 1985, c. W-6). 1 Arpent = 180 ft sq (French measure) = 3418.89385923086 m2.
Sections to Baronies
- 1 Barony is exactly 4000 acres. Assuming international acres. In SI units 1 barony is approximately equal to 1.618743 x 107 meters square.
Sections to Boards
- An area of one inch by one foot. 1 bd (area) = 1 in * 1 ft. 1 bd = 0.007 741 92 m2
Sections to Boilers Horsepower Equivalent Direct Radiation
- In SI units 1 boiler horsepower equivalent direct radiation is approximately 12.958174 square meters.
Sections to Centiares
- 1 Centiare is equal to 1 square meter.
Sections to Circular Inches
- In SI units 1 circular inch is approximately 5.067075 x 10-4 square meters.
Sections to Circular Mils
- Area of a circle with a diameter of 1 mil, a mil being one-thousandth of an inch. 1 Circular mil ≈ 5.067 074 79 x 10-10 cubic meters (SI unit). 1 circ mil ≈ 0.000 000 000 506 707 479 m2.
Sections to Cords
- A cord (area) is defined as 192 boards of 1 inch by 1 foot (12 inches). 192 boards is 2304 square inches, in SI units this is 1.486 448 64 square meters. 1 cord = 1.486 448 64 m2
Sections to Decares
- 1 Decare is an area of exactly 1000 square meters.
Sections to Dunams
- One dunam is 1 000 square meters. Originated as an area of land that could be worked by an ox team, eventually redefined to a thousand square meters. 1 dunam = 1 000 m2
Sections to Foot-fathoms
- 1 Foot-fathom is exactly 6 square feet. This is 0.55741824 square meters (SI base unit). 1 ft-fm = 0.55741824 m2.
Sections to Hectares
- 10 000 m2
Sections to Hides
- By definition 1 hide is exactly 100 acres. In SI units 1 hide is 4.0468564224 x 105 square meters.
Sections to Milacres
- A milacre is one-thousandth of an acre. One milacre is 43.560 square feet. Uses in agriculture and silviculture. One milacre is equal to 4.046 856 4224 square meters (SI unit). 1 milacre = 4.0468564224 m2.
Sections to Perch
- 1 Perch (as an area) is 324 square feet (French measure) and 1 Foot (French measure) = 12.789 inches according to Canadian Weights and Measures Act (R.S.C., 1985, c. W-6). 1 Perch = 18 ft sq (French measure) = 34.1889385923086 m2.
Sections to Quarter-milacres
- A quarter-milacre is four-thousandth of an acre. One quarter-milacre is 10.89 square feet. Uses in silviculture. One quarter-milacre is equal to 1.011 714 1056 square meters (SI unit). ¼milacre = 1.0117141056 m2.
Sections to Roods
- 1 Rood is defined as 1/4 of an acre. In SI units 1 rood is 1,011.7141056 square meters.
Sections to Roofing Squares
- 10 feet by 10 feet = 100 square feet. Using an international foot of exactly 0.3048 meters length. 100 Square feet = 1 Roofing square = 9.290304 cubic meters (SI unit). 1 Roofing square = 9.290304 m3.
Sections to Square Centimeters
- One square centimeter is equal to 0.0001 square meters.
Sections to Square Chains
- Square chain (international) measures 66 feet by 66 feet and is 1/10 of an acre. In SI units one square chain is 404.685 642 24 square meters. 1 sq ch = 4356 sq ft = 404.68564224 m2
Sections to Square Feet
- Square foot (sq ft) is an area of one foot by one foot. One square foot = 144 square inches = 1/9 square yards. In SI units a square foot is 0.092 903 04 square meters. 1 sq ft = 0.09290304 m2
Sections to Square Foot (U.S. Survey)
- 1 ft (US) x 1 ft (US)
Sections to Square Inches
- A square inch is an area with sides measuring one inch by one inch. One square inch (in2) is 6.4516 square centimeters (cm2). In SI base units a square inch is 0.00064516 square meters. 1 sq in = 0.00064516 m2
Sections to Square Kilometres
- 1 km x 1 km. Equal to 1,000,000 square meters.
Sections to Square Links
- Square links is one link by one link. One link is 1/100 chains, 0.66 feet or 7.92 inches, making a square link 62.7264 square inches. In SI unit a square link (sq lnk) (international) is 0.040468564224 square meters (m2)
Sections to Square Meters
- Area made by a square having one meter per side. 1 m * 1 m.
Sections to Square Miles
- A square mile is the area having two sides equal to one mile or 5 280 feet or 1 760 yards. A square mile is 3 097 600 square yards or 640 acres. In SI units 1 square mile (sq mi) = 258998.110336 square meters (m2).
Sections to Square Miles (U.S. Survey)
- 1 Square mile (U.S. Survey) is a square of 5280 U.S. survey feet per side. 1 ft U.S. survey = 1200/3937 meters. In SI units it is roughly 2 589 998.470 319 52 square meters.
Sections to Square Millimeters
- One square millimeter is equal to 0.000 001 square meters.
Sections to Square Mils
- 1 Square mil is an area of 1 mil by 1 mil where 1 mil is 0.001 inches. In SI units 1 square mil is 6.4516 x 10-10 square meters.
Sections to Square Rods
- A square rod is equal to the area of a square with sides of one rod each. A square rod is 2721/4 square feet. In SI base a square rod (sq rd) of 16.5 international feet is 25.29285264 square meters (m2).
Sections to Square Yards
- A square yard is an area equal to a square with sides of one yard (or three feet or 36 inches). One square yard is nine square feet. In SI units 1 square yard (sq yd) is 0.83612736 square meters (m2).
Sections to Stremmas
- 1 stremma is equal to an area of 1000 square meters.
Sections to Thousand Circular Mils
- A thousand times the area of a circle with a diameter of one mil. Abbreviated kcmil or MCM. 1 Thousand circular mils ≈ 5.067 074 790 97 x 10-7 cubic meters (SI base unit). 1 kcmil ≈ 0.000 000 506 707 479 097 m3.
Sections to Townships
- 1 Township is defined as 36 square miles (U.S. Survey). In SI units 1 township is roughly 93,239,940 square meters.
Sections to Yardlands
- 1 Yardland is defined as 30 acres. In SI units 1 yardland is equal to 121,405.692672 square meters.